Michelle Alexander, author of “The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness,” spoke to Drexel students May 6 in the Main Auditorium. The event was co-sponsored by The Good Idea Fund, the College of Arts and Sciences, and the Africana Studies program. “We use our criminal justice system to label people of [...]
About Azwad Rahman
Author Archive | Azwad Rahman
Drexel University acquired property on the corner of 31st and Market streets, where the auto-repair shop Firestone currently resides, a University press release announced April 26. The University paid $8.95 million for this 26,675-square-foot piece of land from Bridgestone Retail Operations LLC. Although the property now belongs to Drexel, the Firestone located on it is [...]
U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano visited Drexel University’s Paul Peck Alumni Center April 2 to announce with President John A. Fry the seven colleges and universities that will participate in the Department of Homeland Security’s Campus Resilience Pilot Program. Announced Feb. 1, the CR Pilot is a program intended to strengthen campus resilience [...]
Researchers at the Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University recently discovered a new species of fish fossils, Holoptychius bergmanni, that could reveal more about the evolution of some aquatic organisms that are now land organisms. Led by Ted Daeschler, associate curator of the Academy’s Department of Vertebrate Biology, and Neil Shubin, a researcher and [...]
The newly reopened Leonard Pearlstein Gallery held an exhibition of internationally renowned artist Wangechi Mutu and several of her engaging works Feb. 22 at its new location in the URBN Center Annex at 3401 Filbert St. The exhibition is set to show from Feb. 15 to March 30. Mutu is an artist with an extremely [...]
Dining options on Drexel’s campus will expand to make room for Zavino, a pizzeria and wine bar that will open in Chestnut Square. Zavino is one of several restaurants that will be located in the new University-affiliated housing and retail space and begin operations this fall. Zavino, currently situated in Midtown Village on 13th and [...]
Spending a week preparing for a concert is taxing. I listened to The Vaccines on the way to class. I listened to The Vaccines on a run in the gym. I even put them on my iPod speakers while I was shaving in the morning. By the Friday before the concert, I was just dying [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...