Drexel’s Concert Band held its fall performance Dec. 2 in Mandell Theater. The large and dynamic group, consisting of more than 70 students from almost every major, gave a performance just as varied as the band’s membership. Led by Wesley Broadnax, the ensemble covered a vast array of musical periods spanning over five centuries, including […]
Author Archive | Chris.Martin
“Hotel Transylvania” is a quirky family comedy that follows the personal life of none other than Count Dracula (Adam Sandler). The film, which was released Sept. 28, focuses on Dracula, a widower, father and businessman. After the death of his wife, he built Hotel Transylvania, a five-star sanctuary for all monsters. Dracula designed the hotel […]
The Drexel Dance Ensemble held its spring concert, titled “Piece of Mind,” the weekend of May 31 through June 2. The performance showcased the work of eight student-choreographers, a Drexel faculty member and a professional guest artist. I was lucky enough to snag an interview with one of these student-choreographers, Drexel junior and Miss Philadelphia […]
Just off 4th and South streets, the intimate Shubin Theatre sits nestled inside a tiny corner venue. The quaint venue hosted Tongue and Groove May 5, one of the area’s leading improvisational theater companies. The show consisted of many short “serio-comic” scenes based on information provided by audience members on the spot. Though the show […]
All hell broke loose in University Crossings for a screening of the new independent horror flick “Six Degrees of Hell.” Many of the cast and crew were in attendance, including film instructor John Avarese, who worked on the film’s sound and score. The screening was prefaced by a phone call from actor Corey Feldman (“Stand […]
March 11 concluded the Philadelphia Theatre Company’s PTC@Play Festival at the beautiful Suzanne Roberts Theatre. The two-week festival celebrates the importance of development in theatrical works. The first week of the festival kicked off Feb. 29 with “Philly Reality,” a product of the PTC education department. The monologue show is produced and created by students […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...