Duross & Langel started out with three shower gels, one moisturizer and a handful of soaps. On this particular Monday morning, Steve Duross was skillfully chopping a large brick of coconut oil base for his store’s soap. These smaller chunks were then transferred to a tall pot where they were melted down; mixed with essential […]
About Courtney Denton
Author Archive | Courtney Denton
The broke college student is a breed that runs rampant in University City. They can often be found rummaging through thrift stores or scouring the sales rack of even the most reasonably priced retail establishments. Where do they go when they’re tired of settling for secondhand goods? Here’s a breakdown of some of the most […]
On the corner of North 3rd and Cherry streets, across a cobblestone alleyway and housed in an old art gallery, is where you will find the quaint Old City boutique Lost + Found. Lost + Found was founded in 2004 by Sandy and Jenny Martin. Before they opened their current business, the mother-and-daughter duo operated […]
Fashions of the jazz age took center stage at Drexel’s first Fashion Friday Seminar, hosted Oct. 25 by curator Clare Sauro at the Drexel Historic Costume Collection. More than a dozen alumni, students and benefactors of the collection were in attendance. The all-day seminar focused on 1920s fashion and consisted of an informational lecture followed […]
Taking a page from Phillip Lim 3.1, which has arguably produced some of the most sought-after accessories of the year, we have reinterpreted the leather tassel key chain to fit seamlessly into both your wardrobe and your budget. You will need: (faux) leather or suede super glue large jump ring scissors pencil ruler […]
Upon entering the offices on the second floor of the Duke & Winston showroom, I was eagerly greeted by an English bulldog whom I recognized as none other than the Duke himself. Founder Seun Olubodun was kind enough to sit down with me and tell the story behind his Philadelphia-based casual clothing line as well as […]
Victoria Sibalich Design & merchandising, junior Wearing: Forever 21 dress, Jellypop sandals from DSW, and PINK by Victoria’s Secret bag Q: Who or what most inspires your personal style? A: I draw most of my style inspiration from the trends around me. I wish I could just say one designer or specific person, but really […]
Students gathered outside the doors of Gap on 34th and Walnut streets on the University of Pennsylvania’s campus May 15 to protest the American company’s use of Bangladeshi factories. In light of the recent collapse of the Rana Plaza garment factory in Savar, Bangladesh, where The New York Times reported a death toll of 1,127, […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...