The Philadelphia Fire Department unveiled the Philadelphia Fire Department Safety App, designed by Drexel students, Sept. 27 during a press conference at 33rd and Race streets. The web app will give users important fire safety information, such as the recommended number of smoke detectors for their homes and the location of the nearest hospital. It [...]
Author Archive | Emma.Foley
Kenneth Lacovara, an associate professor in the Drexel University College of Arts and Sciences’ department of biology, has been evacuating fossils from the late Cretaceous period that may have been created in the aftermath of the asteroid impact that killed the dinosaurs. According to Lacovara, if these fossils are from the mass extinction event, then [...]
The former deputy prime minister of Jordan referenced last year’s wave of revolutions in the Middle East during a discussion held April 10 at Drexel University and hosted by the Student Alliance of the United Nations Association of the USA. Marwan Muasher, who is also the vice president for studies at the Carnegie Endowment for [...]
Drexel student Bobby Kelly was honored March 10 with the 2012 LGBT Health Achievement Award by the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association and the American Medical Student Association for drawing attention to LGBT health issues. Kelly, a fourth-year medical student, has been involved in many stages of this process, from working as a volunteer in [...]
Drexel University received the Zeta Tau Alpha Award for Innovation in Campus Hazing Prevention and Education this past March, which will allow Drexel to continue its work to fight hazing in all aspects of University life. The award, established by HazingPrevention.org, was given during the National Association of Student Personnel Administrators Annual Conference, which was [...]
Philly Materials Science and Engineering Day was held Feb. 4 in the Bossone Research Center with over 1,300 people in attendance and demonstrations and lectures aiming to get the local community interested in materials science. Drexel, the University of Pennsylvania and The Franklin Institute put on the free event. “It’s just a really great day [...]
- Univ. ends students’ housing contracts June 7, 2013
- Scholarship app simplifies search June 7, 2013
- Dillon signs extension through 2020 June 7, 2013
- Drexel rowing earns 19th place at IRA Regatta June 7, 2013
- Peace is still an option June 7, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Victoria Silvestti: Car accidents are happening frequently these days ...
- David Miller: I Love opera and classical music. What a shining r...
- Gout in ankle: It’s commendable when the servers have an in...
- Jam: Fucking ridiculous post. ...
- technology: Other notable tracks from the project include &ldq...