In a celebration of International Women’s Day March 5, panelists, professors, community members and students met in the James E. Marks Intercultural Center to discuss various topics and progress of the women’s liberation and feminist movements. In a panel discussion about the radical stigma behind the word “feminism,” moderator Julie Mostov, vice provost for global […]
Author Archive | Jolie.Higazi
On Feb 26, the one-year anniversary of Trayvon Martin’s death, panelists, students and community members gathered in the Papadakis Integrated Sciences Building’s auditorium to discuss stand-your-ground laws. Discussion topics included how the law has been implemented, how similar cases have been dealt with unjustly toward black people, and potential solutions for how the racist mindset […]
World champion juggler Thom Wall performed Jan. 23 at Drexel’s Mitchell Auditorium. In his 30-minute performance, he showcased his skill and various ball routines, one of which earned him a silver medal at the International Jugglers’ Association 2012 Senior Stage Competitions, making him the second-best juggler worldwide. Wall has been on the road for over […]
Expert architects Tod Williams and Billie Tsien discussed their experience in the field of architectural engineering in the Mandell Theater Jan. 8 as part of the Arfaa Lecture Series, sponsored by Drexel’s Department of Architecture and Interiors. Students, faculty, and community members were invited to hear about the success of the husband-and-wife duo based in […]
The A.J. Drexel Society Annual Gala hosted over 400 of the University’s “strongest stewards and great friends” Nov. 17 in the Drexel Recreation Center Multipurpose Room in the Daskalakis Athletic Center. With 400 affiliates of Drexel in the audience, the Protocol Office and the Annual Fund Office worked hand in hand to create an elegant, […]
Drexel University President John A. Fry announced Oct. 25 that Philip B. Lindy would be receiving the 2012 Joseph Jacovini Outstanding Service Award for his contributions to the Lindy Center for Civic Engagement. The Outstanding Service Award is Drexel’s most prestigious award given to nonalumni affiliates for their dedicated service to the University. Lindy’s name […]
Drexel University announced a collaboration Oct. 15 with Advanced AV to bring Vidtel’s high-definition video camera conferencing to campus. The technology system will be set up in the Creating Excellent Organizations LEADership lab and will allow students and student organizations to communicate across video chat platforms in high definition. The CEO lab, which is located […]
According to a recent article published by Campus Grotto, Drexel is the eighth-most expensive university in America, trailing behind New York University, Columbia University and Dartmouth College. The article, which was published Oct. 4, factored things like tuition, fees, and room and board into the calculations of the 100 most expensive colleges in the country. […]
OutFest 2012 welcomed thousands of Philadelphians who brought their own rainbow “out” to celebrate the city’s diversity Oct. 7 in Center City’s Gayborhood. Participants enjoyed free giveaways, music, drag shows and artistic entertainment. OutFest is the Philadelphia region’s nod to National Coming Out Day, which is officially celebrated Oct. 11. NCOD is a worldwide celebration […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...