Philadelphia’s theater community is known as one of the most diverse in the United States. A handful of these theater communities make up the alliance Off-Broadstreet. “I think Philadelphia’s theater community is extraordinary,” Kevin Glaccum, producing artistic director of Azuka Theatre and founder of Off-Broadstreet, said. There are now over 50 professional theater companies in [...]
About Kendra Dobson
Author Archive | Kendra Dobson
Oct. 24 was National Food Day, and here in Philadelphia, plenty of local organizations took advantage of the opportunity to share their goal of planting seeds in this city. of the participants hosting the day’s events included [JH1] the Eastern Pennsylvania Permaculture Guild, the Health Promotion Council, the Chester County Food Bank, the School District of Philadelphia, [...]
Federal Donuts opened its doors at 7 a.m. Oct. 17 with hot doughnuts, coffee, and fried chicken ready for the masses. Located at 1219 S. 2nd St., Federal Donuts and it’s unusual but ingenious menu was brought together by chefs Steven Cook and Michael Solomonov, BODHi Coffee owners Thomas Henneman and Bob Logue, and local [...]
The “Physical Graffiti” exhibit features work from Ward Schumaker, Leslie Miller, Jose Camacho, Dennis Parlante, Laura Moriarty, Astrid Fitsgerald, Susan Maguire, Deborah Barlow, spencer + immler, Janet Filomeno and David Meyer. Walking through Physical Graffiti at the James Oliver Gallery, I was able to view pieces of work from local artists as well as artists [...]
On the last Thursday of every month, The Rotunda ‑ a part of the University of Pennsylvania’s Facilities and Real Estate Services ‑ marks a time for true hip-hop enthusiasts to bring their best b-boy/b-girl, pop-locking, emcee, DJing and graffiti writing skills to one room. This event is known as The Gathering. The main room [...]
Sometimes our own stories are the hardest to tell. But if untold, they may forever be forgotten. An independent film based on the best selling novel by Tatiana de Rosnay, “Sarah’s Key” is a story not told, but uncovered. The film follows Julia Jarmond, an American journalist, wife and mother who holds a certain passion [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...