The Good Idea Fund and Drexel’s Active Minds hosted an event May 13 for the first day of Mental Health Awareness Week with Tamar Chansky, a psychologist focused on anxiety disorders, who gave a lecture titled “Freeing Yourself from Anxiety: How to Not Let Stress Freak You Out or Worry Fake You Out of Doing […]
Author Archive | lauren.haynes
Christopher Palu, a finalist on Season 10 of “Project Runway,” visited Drexel March 7 to discuss his experiences in the fashion industry and his personal life in Ruth Auditorium of Nesbitt Hall. Before Palu landed a spot on “Project Runway,” he experienced a series of ups and downs in the fashion world. He joked about […]
Jennifer Taylor, an assistant professor in Drexel University’s School of Public Health, has developed a data system that tracks nonfatal firefighter injuries with help from a three-year, $1 million grant from the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program. This project is unique because, “From Miami to Philadelphia, nothing exists in terms of tracking nonfatal injuries,” Taylor […]
Eleven Drexel freshmen spent part of their summer transforming a former SEPTA equipment lot at 46th and Market streets into a quarter-acre community garden to be known as Walnut Hill Farm. The students enrolled in a summer design class through the College of Engineering, which focused on developing this idea. In order to create a […]
Michael Blake, who works in the White House’s Office of Public Engagement, spoke to local government officials, small business leaders and journalists Sept. 28 during a visit to Philadelphia in support of the Operation Vote campaign. For many, this year’s election may seem far away, but for Blake, the project’s national deputy director, Nov. 6 […]
Drexel University’s W.W. Hagerty Library decided this past summer to remove the reference desk because it caused confusion to new students. Because most people are still unaware of the process, Jennifer James Lee, the marketing and events associate for Drexel University Libraries, explained, “Traditionally, libraries have two separate desks, and you know, you go to […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...