As students, there are certain physical and budgetary constraints that limit our shopping habits. However, whether you are looking to update your wardrobe for summer or make some extra cash by clearing out your closet, there are a few affordable and convenient secondhand stores near campus where you can buy, sell, trade and consign gently [...]
About Lauren Thomas
Author Archive | Lauren Thomas
Senior music industry major Lucy Briggs is what some might call fashion obsessed. It’s not unlikely to catch her running around the city in sky-high heels and, of course, sporting the latest trends. Her style is a mix of retro, girly and edgy pieces, which come together to create her own unique look. “I love [...]
Peter Rampulla Finance and entrepreneurship, Pre-Junior Q: Who inspires your style? A: I’m a very big Thom Browne fan, and if anything else, I really like Yves Saint Laurent, but when he mainly worked for Christian Dior, not his own line in particular. And I like a lot of Jil Sander’s stuff. Q: What do you [...]
From a young age I started displaying a small, pre-lit Christmas tree in my room each year for the holiday season and decorated it based on my current style preferences. I have since graduated to a larger tree for my current apartment, but over the years I have accumulated quite the collection of decorations, most [...]
Looking for a chic new way to style your hair for the holidays? Or maybe just a way to style your hair between shampoos without looking like a slob? We visited Crimson Hair Studio in Rittenhouse Square, where hair stylist Francesca Brittingham showed us how to create two perfectly polished top buns for an of-the-moment [...]
Tucked discreetly in the housewares department in Macy’s Center City is a room that houses what has come to be called the Philadelphia Fashion Incubator, a nonprofit organization designed to support emerging Philadelphia-area designers. Elissa Bloom, a fashion industry veteran and executive director of the Incubator, helped launch the program as an incentive for emerging [...]
Lucy Stone | Music industry, junior Wearing: an American Apparel shirt, H&M jacket, Cheap Monday pants, Dolce Vita shoes, Doc Martens bag and vintage sunglasses Q: How would you describe your style? A: I like classic, very simple clothing. If I do wear anything weird or extravagant, it’s usually only a small portion. That way it’s [...]
Stepping into the fashion world as an outsider, journalist-turned-filmmaker Matt Tyrnauer’s debut documentary “Valentino: The Last Emperor” shows an inside look at the life of legendary Italian designer Valentino Garavani. After 15 years writing for Vanity Fair, Tyrnauer embarked upon this project as a result of a job assignment profiling the designer. Inspired by his [...]
Philadelphia welcomed Swedish indie-pop singer Lykke Li to a sold-out show at the Theater of Living Arts May 16. The show was an international affair, with Canadian artist Grimes kicking off the event. The stage was decorated with lengths of flowing black fabric hanging from the ceiling, which disappeared in the heavy fog that was produced [...]
- OK Go rocks Spring Jam in the rain May 24, 2013
- Service honors Drexel military May 24, 2013
- W. soccer looks to take next step May 24, 2013
- EnviroWeekly | Local pizzeria has vegan options May 24, 2013
- M. soccer finalizes crucial recruiting class May 24, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- mememine69: If you love the planet you will insist that the sc...
- Vincent Gray: Considering how good things looked before the albu...
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...