Getting started in the fashion world is difficult for any young designer, especially in Philadelphia, where the scene is still developing. However, Art Institute student Michael Thomas is here to “put Philly on the map for fashion.” He’s off to a strong start with his line titled Faithful, thanks to perseverance and an ability to [...]
About Lydia Hryshchyshyn
Author Archive | Lydia Hryshchyshyn
Paul L. Nolan, Eric Bryant, Harry Smith and Jennie Eisenhower in mystery novelist Agatha Christie’s iconic play, “The Mousetrap.” The show is currently playing at Walnut Street Theatre now until March 4. Fans of whodunits will be excited to hear the Walnut Street Theatre is currently running Agatha Christie’s iconic play “The Mousetrap.” In its [...]
The Walnut Street Theatre presents the critically acclaimed Rodgers and Hammerstein musical “The King and I” as part of its 203rd season. As the holiday season choice, the show is a great option for all ages. Running until after the new year, it’s something fun to do over Drexel’s long holiday break with friends and [...]
The name Roberto Capucci probably doesn’t ring a bell, even if you are fashionably inclined, but thanks to the retrospective at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, he’s soon to be a household name. Capucci’s work goes beyond dressmaking and will enthrall not only design majors, but also architects, engineers and fashionistas. His clothes are a [...]
Philly has gone Francophile, thanks to the first Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts. PIFA, a three-week long celebration embracing all art forms, takes inspiration from Paris in the 1910s to the 1920s. Marked by an explosion of creativity in fashion, dance, film, fine arts and more, this period holds similarities to the breadth and [...]
- OK Go rocks Spring Jam in the rain May 24, 2013
- Service honors Drexel military May 24, 2013
- W. soccer looks to take next step May 24, 2013
- EnviroWeekly | Local pizzeria has vegan options May 24, 2013
- M. soccer finalizes crucial recruiting class May 24, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- mememine69: If you love the planet you will insist that the sc...
- Vincent Gray: Considering how good things looked before the albu...
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...