First Person Arts, a local nonprofit organization that celebrates the power of the personal through storytelling, hosted its Grand Slam event Nov. 7 at Christ Church Neighborhood House in Old City. This particular Grand Slam happened to coincide with the end of First Person Arts’ 12th season. Grand Slam events are the culmination of a […]
About Nora Goldberg
Author Archive | Nora Goldberg
Radio 104.5 hosted its fourth Block Party of the summer season Aug. 3 at The Piazza at Schmidt’s in Northern Liberties. Radio 104.5, Philadelphia’s alternative radio station, has been hosting the free monthly summer concert series since 2010. The fourth show of the season featured Walk Off the Earth, Alt-J, and Panic! at the Disco. […]
Radio 104.5 hosted its third Block Party of the summer season July 13 at The Piazza at Schmidt’s in Northern Liberties, featuring Cold War Kids, Capital Cities and opening act Bat Books . Radio 104.5, Philadelphia’s alternative radio station, has been hosting the free monthly summer concert series since 2010. The series runs from May […]
Indie-alternative-pop band fun. performed for a sold-out audience July 19 at the Mann Center in Fairmount, supporting its sophomore album “Some Nights” on the Most Nights Summer Tour. With anticipation hanging heavy in the air, fun. played a knockout, killer set. Even from high up in the nosebleed section, this show was not to be […]
The International Student Union, in participation with The Good Idea Fund, sponsored the inaugural It’s a Small World Gala May 25. The black-tie gala was a celebration of international identities, and a good time was certainly had by all. In a unique twist in line with the international theme, attendees were encouraged to dress in […]
The Pennsylvania Horticultural Society’s annual Philadelphia Flower Show opened to the public March 2 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Dating back to 1829, the Philadelphia Flower Show has gained a hefty reputation as the world’s largest indoor flower show. This year’s theme is “Brilliant!” an Anglicism that equates to something that is inventive, dazzling or […]
The Sustainability Speaker Series, a program sponsored by the Drexel Green initiative, sponsored a lecture titled “The Evolution of Paper in the 21st Century” Feb. 12 at Drexel’s James E. Marks Intercultural Center. Drexel Printing & Mailing Services invited Joe Terry of Neenah Paper to tackle the question “Is paper sustainable?” Neenah Paper is one […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...