Plans are underway to build a new hotel at 33rd and Chestnut streets that will replace the University’s James E. Marks Intercultural Center. This project is expected to take two years to complete once board approval has been received and agreements have been signed. Although Drexel University already received board approval in May 2013, it […]
About Olivia Deng
Author Archive | Olivia Deng
Total time: varies Prep: however long it takes to cultivate racism Cook: however long it takes to enact racism Yields: 1 serving Ingredients: 1 chicken 3 rotten eggs 1 cup blindingly white sauce (the whiter, the better) 2 cups powdered bigotry (preferred over flour) 1 teaspoon narrow-mindedness 2 doughnuts ⅓ cup hasty apologies Infinite supply […]
Andrew Eisenhart, associate director of international admissions at Drexel, is the proud new owner of a Spruce Hill home as of May 24. His purchase marked the Drexel Employee Home Purchase Assistance Program’s 20th closing. Established in 2011, Drexel University’s Home Purchase Assistance Program, headed by director Althea Wallace, helps Drexel employees purchase homes in […]
Christopher Gray, nicknamed the “Million Dollar Scholar” after securing $1.3 million in scholarships is a co-founder of Scholly, an Android and iPhone application designed to streamline the scholarship application process. His fellow Scholly co-founders are Nick Pirollo, a student at Drexel University, and Bryson Alef, a student at Amherst College. Scholly hit the market for […]
A senior in Drexel’s College of Information Science and Technology will embark this summer on a bike trip across 14 states, stopping along the way to build houses with a nonprofit organization called Bike & Build. Ben Toll, who is pursuing a master’s degree in information systems and a bachelor’s in information technology, will begin […]
Drexel University’s Bossone Research Center transformed into a hub where students, ranging from elementary school students to doctoral students, convened April 22 to present and look at robots that can move plastic rings, shoot basketballs, dance and perform music. The second annual Philadelphia Robotics Expo was organized by Central High School’s RoboLancers club and sponsored […]
James Johnson, a Drexel Master of Business Administration student, co-founded Tech2Educate with Tony Perry, a recent Temple University graduate. Tech2Educate is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of education in charter schools with technology. Among the board members are Lawrence Duke, a Drexel marketing professor, and Kristina Najera, a Temple education professor. Intent […]
Al West, the chairman and CEO of SEI Investments Co., was named the LeBow College of Business’ 59th Business Leader of the Year. In the past, LeBow has presented this award to recipients such as George W. Romney, president of American Motors Corp., and Gen. Douglas MacArthur. Continuing the tradition of excellence exemplified by Business […]
Five Drexel University professors were named recipients of the National Science Foundation CAREER Award. The NSF CAREER Award was established to reward junior faculty members who have demonstrated excellent potential in research in their field. NSF’s Faculty Early Career Development Program awarded the professors a combined $2.2 million in funding for research and development. The […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...