If you’re hungry and looking for a unique burger experience, I suggest grabbing a friend and hitting The Spot Food Truck. Painted in red and yellow, Spot is a gourmet burger truck located at 33rd and Arch streets, seeking to serve college students on Drexel’s campus. If you get to know the owner, Josh, he [...]
Author Archive | Sabrina.Wong
The concept of food trucks is becoming more and more popular as we see new trucks appearing on campus every week. However, the concept of a grocery store food truck seems almost unfathomable. Regardless, it has become a reality as the Fresh Food Hub made its first debut April 25. Beginning as a pushcart market [...]
Philadelphia is home to one of the top 20 food trucks in the nation, as rated by the Smithsonian. Sugar Philly is a dessert truck just a short walk away from Drexel, co-owned by Drexel and University of Pennsylvania alumni John Suh and Franklin Shen, respectively. Suh and Shen first conceived the idea for the [...]
Gozen yogurt is a food truck that focuses on desert rather than an actual meal. Located on 33rd and Arch street, Gozen serves up eight different frozen yogurt flavors that rotate weekly. Also included is a variety of self-serve toppings. As springtime comes into full bloom, so does every student’s craving for something cool and [...]
As one of the only trucks blasting jazz while simultaneously selling equally appealing burgers, Lucky Old Souls has become one of the new favorites at Drexel. Located at 33rd and Arch streets, LOS is only at Drexel on Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Because LOS parks on campus just once a week, the [...]
Robert Zapata, a 2002 graduate of Drexel University with a degree in hotel and restaurant management, returns to his alma mater to start up a new food truck featuring a multicultural menu. Working as a dynamic husband-wife duo, Robert and Nuruk Zapata own Cucina Zapata. Popularly nicknamed Cucina by Drexel students, the truck will be [...]
Asian food is in full throttle in University City — even in the land of food trucks. Ranging from Chinese to Japanese at places such as Le Anh and KoJa, respectively, the possibilities are endless. However, rarely have I seen all types of Asian food wrapped up together — literally. The new food truck, “Foo [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...
- Bridget Gawinowicz: I think what you're missing is that allies AL...
- L. McGill: Perfectly said by someone who has probably not had...