Conor Oberst performed to an enchanted audience Nov. 18 at Verizon Hall in Philadelphia’s Kimmel Center. Supported by Daniel Johnston and featuring accompaniment by Rachel Cox and Ben Brodin, the 19-song set seemed too short for the concert’s attendees. Johnston, somewhat of a cult icon in the indie scene, began the evening. He rose to […]
About Tara Giancaspro
Author Archive | Tara Giancaspro
Social Distortion performed Nov. 3 to a rollicking Philadelphia crowd. Supported by The Biters and Lindi Ortega, the punk veterans took over the Electric Factory for an indulgent and energetic performance. The concert began at 8:30 p.m. when The Biters took stage. With their shaggy hair and tight pants, the band was a shocking sight; […]
The Pennsylvania Ballet presented “Opus Jazz,” the final program of its 2011-12 season, the weekend of June 1 at the Merriam Theater. The show ran for three evenings and two matinee performances and featured a trio of vastly varied dances, including a world premiere. The Sunday matinee performance began with the “Barber Violin Concerto,” a […]
- University will switch to quarterly billing December 4, 2013
- Fry announces new research partnership December 3, 2013
- Flyers Freeze Nov. 28: Giroux leads the charge November 28, 2013
- Swimming and diving shows promise at Frank Elm November 28, 2013
- Women’s bball comes up short at No. 8 Maryland November 28, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...