Organized by the Eastern College Athletic Conference, the IRA Regatta was established in 1895. The regatta is a national championship for Division I collegiate men’s varsity rowing. Although the first regatta held only 18 teams, 110 programs are currently granted a bid to participate. This weekend marks the 111th IRA Championships in Sacramento, Calif., but […]
About The Triangle Sports Desk
Author Archive | The Triangle Sports Desk
Men’s Lacrosse Names 2012-13 Captains After a largely successful season that almost put the Drexel University men’s lacrosse team into the NCAA Tournament, the players have named their new captains. Midfielders Garrett McIntosh and Aaron Prosser and defenseman Chris Walsh, all seniors, will be captains for the 2012-13 season. McIntosh didn’t make any starts in […]
In September 2011, the usual suspects — Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United — were dubbed as probable winners of the 2011-12 Champions League. As expected, Barcelona cruised through Group H, qualifying as the group’s top seed, while AC Milan placed second in the group. Real Madrid bossed Group D, where they made light work […]
Crew The LeBow College of Business Boat has been sent to represent Drexel at the 109th Annual Intercollegiate Rowing Association National Championships. The event began June 2 on the Cooper River in Camden, N.J. The boat is the men’s varsity four and will consist of junior coxswain Randall Lee, freshman stroke Vanja Busic, sophomore Lorenzo […]
Men’s Lacrosse The United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association named two Drexel Dragons to the All-America team as Honorable Mentions. Senior attackman Scott Perri, the 2011 Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year, and junior goalkeeper Mark Manos were the two players selected. This is Manos’ second straight season being nominated for the All-America team, making […]
Men’s Basketball The Drexel men’s basketball team has been invited to take part in the 2011 U.S. Virgin Islands Paradise Jam basketball tournament Nov. 18 in Charlotte Amale, St. Thomas. The Dragons’ Colonial Athletic Association rival Old Dominion University won the tournament last year. Drexel is one of eight teams that will attend […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...