Drexel joined over 75 universities April 19 in a “Collective Day of Action” by holding a panel discussion on immigration reform in MacAlister Hall. The event, nationally coordinated by The Partnership for a New American Economy, was organized on campus by Drexel’s Office of International Programs. The event aimed to emphasize the importance of immigration […]
Author Archive | Victoria.Schick
An exclusive screening of “The Drill Project” premiered at Drexel University April 15. The 50-minute documentary attracted approximately 200 viewers to Mitchell Auditorium, exposing a foreign concern that Drexel has made its own since the project’s start in 2011. The Drill Project focuses on the largest primate found on Bioko Island in Equatorial Guinea: Mandrillus […]
The Farajollah and Maryam Badie Arfaa Lecture Series, a program sponsored by Drexel’s Department of Architecture and Interiors, hosted a lecture titled “The New Currency of Space: What’s Influencing the Design of Environments Today” April 9 in the Mandell Theater. Robin Klehr Avia, the regional managing principal and chair of the board of directors at […]
Drexel’s chapter of Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity was placed on interim suspension Feb. 1. The decision was made by both the University and TKE’s alumni board “as a result of growing concerns related to violations of fraternity standards and the University Code of Conduct,” Associate Dean of Fraternity and Sorority Life Katie Zamulinsky explained in […]
Drexel continued to expand eastbound by securing 186,000 square feet of Center City property earlier in January in the Three Parkway office building located at 1601 Cherry St. The College of Nursing and Health Professions will use this space to accommodate recent and anticipated growth. In addition to renting space in the Friends Center across […]
A Drexel University mechanical engineering and mechanics professor received the 2012 Young Investigator Award in April for her proposal to advance and utilize robots for ocean exploration. Funded by the U.S. Office of Naval Research, the award grants M. Ani Hsieh and her laboratory team $510,000 for their project. Hsieh and her team from the […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...