Designer Paula Hian, a Philadelphia native, has always aspired to work in the fashion industry. She has had an interest in fashion since she was 2, and throughout her childhood the future designer kept diaries filled with notes and drawings. Hian majored in art history at Northwestern University and enrolled in New York’s Fashion Institute […]
Archive | Designer Profile RSS feed for this section
Looking for a chic way to spice up your look for spring? Try incorporating one of Mona Gilbert’s signature pocket scarves into your wardrobe. The local designer’s scarves are perfect to layer on those breezy spring mornings, and with their unique look, you will be sure to stand out. Gilbert’s start as a designer stems […]
Hair and makeup expert turned fashion designer Erin Barr established herself in the beauty industry after graduating from the Aveda Institute in Minneapolis. Barr garnered an address book full of celebrity clients and worked on editorial shoots in New York City as a hair and makeup artist. Although she gained much success, Barr longed to […]
Abstract prints might not be what you typically think about wearing when the holidays come around. Many people resort to wearing earthy tones or basic black in the winter. Why stick to the cold-weather palate of drab, dark colors? Former Drexel student turned fashion designer Marina Makaron is fresh off the runway of Mercedes-Benz Fashion […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...