Duross & Langel started out with three shower gels, one moisturizer and a handful of soaps. On this particular Monday morning, Steve Duross was skillfully chopping a large brick of coconut oil base for his store’s soap. These smaller chunks were then transferred to a tall pot where they were melted down; mixed with essential […]
Archive | Store Profile RSS feed for this section
On the corner of North 3rd and Cherry streets, across a cobblestone alleyway and housed in an old art gallery, is where you will find the quaint Old City boutique Lost + Found. Lost + Found was founded in 2004 by Sandy and Jenny Martin. Before they opened their current business, the mother-and-daughter duo operated […]
Upon entering the offices on the second floor of the Duke & Winston showroom, I was eagerly greeted by an English bulldog whom I recognized as none other than the Duke himself. Founder Seun Olubodun was kind enough to sit down with me and tell the story behind his Philadelphia-based casual clothing line as well as […]
Today everyone and everything is going mobile. From food truck vendors to apps that call a cab for you, services are coming to you, the customer. Always quick to follow a hot trend when they see it, Abby Kessler and Katie Loftus of popular Old City boutique Smak Parlour are taking their hit store on […]
In her senior year of high school, Rachel Godwin Becker realized she could take her passion for sewing and turn it into a career. After receiving a Bachelor of Fine Arts in fashion design with a minor in fashion marketing from the International Academy of Design in Tampa, Fla., and working in the bridal industry […]
As students, there are certain physical and budgetary constraints that limit our shopping habits. However, whether you are looking to update your wardrobe for summer or make some extra cash by clearing out your closet, there are a few affordable and convenient secondhand stores near campus where you can buy, sell, trade and consign gently […]
With summer quickly approaching, look no further than Arcadia Boutique for a fresh, one-of-a-kind shopping experience to update your wardrobe. Based in Northern Liberties, the boutique sells a beautiful and unique assortment of clothing and accessories created by independent designers and name brands alike, as well as an uncommon array of vintage and recycled clothing […]
The greater Philadelphia area is characterized by artistic culture and creativity on every street. Whether in University City or all the way down in South Philadelphia, there are countless beautiful stores and boutiques to admire. US*U.S., a boutique located in Old City, is no exception. What makes US*U.S. unique is that everything inside is made […]
As fast-fashion stores take over the market and original designs become harder and harder to find, Philadelphia is lucky to have such an amazing selection of boutiques to choose from. Smak Parlour at 2nd and Market streets is one of those boutiques, curating a unique shop full of funky clothes and accessories alongside their in-house […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...