Accessories are every outfit’s best friend. The body harness trend was seen last summer and isn’t going anywhere this spring. For those who find the trend slightly intimidating to incorporate in their everyday wardrobe, the hand chain is the perfect option to test out the edgy look. A cross between a bracelet and a ring, hand chains come in a variety of styles. These unusual jewelry pieces dress up any outfit and are simple to create.
Feel free to alter this simple hand chain with different chain lengths or beads to personalize your own on-trend piece. Pair it with a crochet maxi dress for a bohemian feel, or try jeans and a graphic tee for a more casual outfit.
Materials needed: delicate metal chain, jump rings, lobster-claw clasp, wire cutter, round-nose pliers
1. Use the chain to measure length needed to wrap around wrist
2. Cut chain according to wrist size
3. Cut chain into 1-, 1.5-, 2, and 8-inch pieces
4. Lay out design to see where jump rings will go
5. Use jump rings to connect the chains
6. Attach lobster-claw clasp