At the end of 2011, before ever releasing a mixtape, A$AP Rocky signed a $3 million record deal with RCA and Polo Grounds Music. Just weeks later, on Halloween, Rocky unleashed his impressive mixtape, “Live.Love.A$AP,” and instantly became one of the next rising stars in hip-hop. After touring off of that mixtape again to hype [...]
Tag Archives | 2 Chainz
2012 was an incredible year for Wale. After releasing his sophomore album and Maybach Music Group debut “Ambition” at the end of 2011, Wale began to emerge as one of the next rap superstars. The album’s lead single, “Lotus Flower Bomb,” featuring Miguel, is up for a Grammy Award this year, and Wale starred on [...]
Ladies and gentlemen, it is that time of year again when I tell you what albums, mixtapes and songs you should have rocked with in 2012. I fill you in on what upset me the most this past year and what to look forward to if the Mayans were wrong and 2013 actually happens. Here [...]
Rick Ross is arguably the hottest rapper in hip-hop right now and has built up an incredibly successful label, Maybach Music Group, under Warner Bros. Records. Despite putting out his fifth studio album, “God Forgives, I Don’t,” this summer, Ross decided to keep the momentum going with the release of “The Black Bar Mitzvah.” In [...]
On Oct. 19, 2011, Kanye West tweeted the following: “GOODMUSIC. THE ALBUM. SPRING2012.” From that point on, expectations have been through the roof for what West and his signees were up to. The hype truly began to build this past April when West released “Cold,” featuring DJ Khaled and “Mercy,” which features Big Sean, Pusha [...]
Rapper 2 Chainz exploded onto the scene when he released his first solo project, “T.R.U. REALigon” last November. The rapper formerly named Tity Boi underwent a name change in 2011 to make himself more radio and family friendly. The change has resurrected the career of the man who represented half of Playaz Circle, famous for [...]
As summer rapidly approaches, it’s time to block off some dates on the calendar for an amazing group of concerts coming through Philadelphia over the next few months. It’s only right that we start with this week’s huge announcement from Jay-Z and Mayor Michael Nutter, in which they unveiled the Budweiser Made in America festival, [...]
- Univ. ends students’ housing contracts June 7, 2013
- Scholarship app simplifies search June 7, 2013
- Dillon signs extension through 2020 June 7, 2013
- Drexel rowing earns 19th place at IRA Regatta June 7, 2013
- Peace is still an option June 7, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Victoria Silvestti: Car accidents are happening frequently these days ...
- David Miller: I Love opera and classical music. What a shining r...
- Gout in ankle: It’s commendable when the servers have an in...
- Jam: Fucking ridiculous post. ...
- technology: Other notable tracks from the project include &ldq...