At the end of 2011, before ever releasing a mixtape, A$AP Rocky signed a $3 million record deal with RCA and Polo Grounds Music. Just weeks later, on Halloween, Rocky unleashed his impressive mixtape, “Live.Love.A$AP,” and instantly became one of the next rising stars in hip-hop. After touring off of that mixtape again to hype […]
Tag Archives | 2 Chainz
2012 was an incredible year for Wale. After releasing his sophomore album and Maybach Music Group debut “Ambition” at the end of 2011, Wale began to emerge as one of the next rap superstars. The album’s lead single, “Lotus Flower Bomb,” featuring Miguel, is up for a Grammy Award this year, and Wale starred on […]
Ladies and gentlemen, it is that time of year again when I tell you what albums, mixtapes and songs you should have rocked with in 2012. I fill you in on what upset me the most this past year and what to look forward to if the Mayans were wrong and 2013 actually happens. Here […]
Rick Ross is arguably the hottest rapper in hip-hop right now and has built up an incredibly successful label, Maybach Music Group, under Warner Bros. Records. Despite putting out his fifth studio album, “God Forgives, I Don’t,” this summer, Ross decided to keep the momentum going with the release of “The Black Bar Mitzvah.” In […]
On Oct. 19, 2011, Kanye West tweeted the following: “GOODMUSIC. THE ALBUM. SPRING2012.” From that point on, expectations have been through the roof for what West and his signees were up to. The hype truly began to build this past April when West released “Cold,” featuring DJ Khaled and “Mercy,” which features Big Sean, Pusha […]
Rapper 2 Chainz exploded onto the scene when he released his first solo project, “T.R.U. REALigon” last November. The rapper formerly named Tity Boi underwent a name change in 2011 to make himself more radio and family friendly. The change has resurrected the career of the man who represented half of Playaz Circle, famous for […]
As summer rapidly approaches, it’s time to block off some dates on the calendar for an amazing group of concerts coming through Philadelphia over the next few months. It’s only right that we start with this week’s huge announcement from Jay-Z and Mayor Michael Nutter, in which they unveiled the Budweiser Made in America festival, […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...