Each week, a team of volunteer Drexel medical and health profession students files out of a large van onto a street corner in Southwest Philadelphia and joins Dr. Stacey Trooskin, assistant professor in the Division of Infectious Diseases and HIV Medicine. This street team offers free HIV and hepatitis C testing in Philadelphia’s most at-risk […]
Tag Archives | AIDS
The Drexel University College of Medicine raised $9,775 at the 20th annual Pediatric AIDS Benefit Concert Feb. 16 in the Main Building. Including the Nov. 30 spaghetti dinner, the silent auctions from both events, and special donations, the PABC 2013 Committee raised just over $27,454 for the Pediatric HIV/AIDS Program at St. Christopher’s Children’s Hospital. […]
December is AIDS Awareness Month, a key opportunity to raise awareness of the disease as well as celebrate the success of treatments and prevention services. The Drexel University College of Medicine’s Division of Infectious Diseases and HIV Medicine is a highly regarded HIV/AIDS research program. The program is focused on working toward a functional cure […]
Brothers from Delta Epsilon Psi fraternity volunteered April 26 for Dining Out for Life, a fundraiser started by the ActionAIDS organization, which raises money to help support people living with HIV or AIDS. Serving as “ambassadors,” 10 brothers from the fraternity were spread throughout the city at various participating restaurants to answer questions about ActionAIDS, […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...