At the end of 2011, before ever releasing a mixtape, A$AP Rocky signed a $3 million record deal with RCA and Polo Grounds Music. Just weeks later, on Halloween, Rocky unleashed his impressive mixtape, “Live.Love.A$AP,” and instantly became one of the next rising stars in hip-hop. After touring off of that mixtape again to hype [...]
Tag Archives | album reviews
The classic status of an album can be based as much on its influence to future generations as its own musical merit. That statement may sound unfair to you, but it’s true. The Beatles sure wrote fantastic songs their entire career, but their importance is greatly diminished if future bands were not inspired by them. [...]
Actor, writer and comedian Donald Glover has recently added rapper to his repertoire under his stage name, Childish Gambino. Most readers may be familiar with Glover as Troy from NBC’s “Community” along with being a writer for Tina Fey’s “30 Rock.” It’s obvious that Glover has talent, but does his alter ego Gambino posses the [...]
In the words of Diggy Simmons: “I came to rock, I came to roll, I came to win, you lose control, then everybody in the place goes real wild, they like my style.” That was exactly what the young rapper did when he took the stage – rocked it! Diggy Simmons performed at The [...]
The phenomenon that is “Watch The Throne” started with a tweet from Kanye West last August announcing that he was working on a five-song album with Jay-Z. That concept expanded into a full-length project. Almost a year later, one of the most anticipated albums in hip-hop history was released exclusively through iTunes this past Monday, [...]
Far gone are the days when Britney Spears was dressed in a Catholic school uniform, dating Justin Timberlake and shaving her head while attacking a car with an umbrella. Even though many doubted her, Britney Spears is officially back! This past week, Spears released her seventh studio album, entitled “Femme Fatale.” The deluxe version of [...]
Wiz Khalifa has become a star. After his 2010 mixtape, “Kush & Orange Juice,” the buzz surrounding his name hit an all-time high. After signing his record deal with Atlantic, the hype continued to build in anticipation for his debut album “Rolling Papers.” With the success of the Pittsburgh Steelers this past season, Khalifa’s “Black [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...