At the end of 2011, before ever releasing a mixtape, A$AP Rocky signed a $3 million record deal with RCA and Polo Grounds Music. Just weeks later, on Halloween, Rocky unleashed his impressive mixtape, “Live.Love.A$AP,” and instantly became one of the next rising stars in hip-hop. After touring off of that mixtape again to hype […]
Tag Archives | album reviews
The classic status of an album can be based as much on its influence to future generations as its own musical merit. That statement may sound unfair to you, but it’s true. The Beatles sure wrote fantastic songs their entire career, but their importance is greatly diminished if future bands were not inspired by them. […]
Actor, writer and comedian Donald Glover has recently added rapper to his repertoire under his stage name, Childish Gambino. Most readers may be familiar with Glover as Troy from NBC’s “Community” along with being a writer for Tina Fey’s “30 Rock.” It’s obvious that Glover has talent, but does his alter ego Gambino posses the […]
In the words of Diggy Simmons: “I came to rock, I came to roll, I came to win, you lose control, then everybody in the place goes real wild, they like my style.” That was exactly what the young rapper did when he took the stage – rocked it! Diggy Simmons performed at The […]
The phenomenon that is “Watch The Throne” started with a tweet from Kanye West last August announcing that he was working on a five-song album with Jay-Z. That concept expanded into a full-length project. Almost a year later, one of the most anticipated albums in hip-hop history was released exclusively through iTunes this past Monday, […]
Far gone are the days when Britney Spears was dressed in a Catholic school uniform, dating Justin Timberlake and shaving her head while attacking a car with an umbrella. Even though many doubted her, Britney Spears is officially back! This past week, Spears released her seventh studio album, entitled “Femme Fatale.” The deluxe version of […]
Wiz Khalifa has become a star. After his 2010 mixtape, “Kush & Orange Juice,” the buzz surrounding his name hit an all-time high. After signing his record deal with Atlantic, the hype continued to build in anticipation for his debut album “Rolling Papers.” With the success of the Pittsburgh Steelers this past season, Khalifa’s “Black […]
- University will switch to quarterly billing December 4, 2013
- Fry announces new research partnership December 3, 2013
- Flyers Freeze Nov. 28: Giroux leads the charge November 28, 2013
- Swimming and diving shows promise at Frank Elm November 28, 2013
- Women’s bball comes up short at No. 8 Maryland November 28, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...