Two LeBow College of Business alumni were named in the Philadelphia Business Journal’s list of “40 under 40.” AmyLynn Flood (’01) and Steve Ward (’03) were selected from over 250 nominees. Philadelphia Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 award is now in its 22nd year. The award recognizes local young professionals for outstanding success and contributions [...]
Tag Archives | Alumni
Donna Downes-Matreale and Lara Geragi As many of you know, 2012 marks the beginning of the Chinese Year of the Dragon, and as one of few universities in the U.S. to have a dragon as its mascot, it is fitting for the Drexel University Alumni Association to mark the occasion with something pretty special, [...]
Astronauts and Drexel alumni Chris Ferguson (’84) and Paul Richards (’87) participated in a panel discussion and were honored at a gala Oct. 26 at the University, during which they reflected on their careers, the end of the space shuttle program and what the future holds for NASA. Both studied mechanical engineering at Drexel in [...]
Click the above image to view the full PDF of this week’s feature The last two terms have brought an extraordinary series of changes at Drexel University. With new buildings, new discoveries, and Drexel grads flying higher and riding longer, the last few months have kept all of us busy running to cover the many [...]
Doug Markgraf, a 2010 Drexel graduate, biked more than 3,400 miles across the country this summer to promote traumatic brain injury recovery and awareness after recovering from a TBI himself. It took Markgraf 56 days and over 3,200 miles to bike through 11 states from San Francisco, Calif., June 27 to Fall Rivers, N.J., Aug. [...]
Hundreds of students from around the University turned out to watch the July 8 morning launch of the U.S. Space Shuttle Atlantis. The craft, which took flight at 11:29 a.m. July 8, was a bittersweet one as it would be the last flight of the U.S. space shuttle program. Mission STS-135 also held a special [...]
Very few objects have ever been launched into space, but a few Drexel students will have the distinct experience of having their creations carried into orbit. A team of graphic design students has given the crew on the final space shuttle mission something that the astronauts will hold close to their hearts, literally, by designing [...]
Dear Editor, If you are one of the many students graduating this month, congratulations to you and welcome to the Alumni Association. We hope to see you involved with our Young Alumni Association and at various other alumni events no matter where you locate in the future. If you are still a student though, there [...]
QuickFeedMe, a company begun by Drexel alumni Jeff Segall and Melissa Aaron, recently launched a website that allows patrons to order from the lunch trucks on Drexel’s campus using a computer or smart phone. With the website, students will no longer be required to wait in line or pay in cash to order from participating [...]
Drexel University alumnus Paul Baran, one of the pioneers of the Internet, died March 26 at his home Palo Alto, Calif.; he was 84. His son, David, reported that Baran’s death was a result of complications from lung cancer. Baran was born in Gordno, Poland, April 29, 1926. When he was two years old, his [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...