For the past week, I have been fighting the City of Philadelphia. Angry emails, meetings with Drexel administrators, and idly threatening voicemails were the arms in this war, and I won. I was excused from jury duty. I have been called to serve as a juror three times in the last two years, and each […]
Tag Archives | America
Unless you have been hiding out in a cave for the past 18 months, you know that Osama bin Laden was killed back in May 2011 by an elite team of U.S. Navy SEALs. There were countless interviews, descriptions, computer simulations and television specials that advertised and analyzed the now infamous raid. But what most […]
A Forbes article released Aug. 1 compiling a list of America’s top colleges placed Drexel University at No. 525 out of 650. The results were ranked by the Center for College Affordability and Productivity, which is an organization operating out of Washington, D.C., that specializes in research centered on higher education. For the Forbes ranking, […]
Roger McCain The language of “class warfare” has come up in the news lately. Does this make any sense? Antagonism between classes — and sometimes warfare between them — has been prominent in Western civilization from medieval times (and perhaps in all or most other civilizations as well). Before the 19th century the most […]
Vans Warped Tour, a yearly fixture of many music fans’ summers, is notable for its variety of rock music, but what makes the festival stand out is the fact that it is a tour. Chicago has Lollapalooza, Tennessee has Bonnaroo and California has Coachella, but Warped Tour belongs to all of North America. There are […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...