A grand opening of the URBN Center, the new home of the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design, took place April 12. The event was free and open to the public. The grand opening was designed to show the progress of the college. Upon entering the lobby, students, faculty, alumni and friends were [...]
Tag Archives | Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design
The second building of the new URBN Center, the URBN Annex, has just been completed and is ready for use. The Annex is located at 3401 Filbert St. and is home to the newly expanded Leonard Pearlstein Gallery. “With the completion of the URBN Annex, the University can now boast of three beautiful exhibition and [...]
The Drexel Players opened their presentation of “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” Nov. 9. The musical comedy’s final performances will take place Nov. 16-18 at the Mandell Theater on 33rd and Chestnut streets. “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” is a humorous musical based on an improvisational play, “C-R-E-P-U-S-C-U-L-E,” by Rebecca Feldman. [...]
Looking for the perfect holiday gift this year? Whether you’re shopping for friends, family or coworkers, you can find a special, one-of-a-kind gift at Drexel’s Design & Merchandising Shop. The D&M Shop, formerly known as the D&M Kiosk, will pop-up again in December, just in time to stock up on holiday gifts. Along with the [...]
The Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design signed a $1 million agreement with knitting machine producer Shima Seiki USA in February in order to build a lab emphasizing the research and development of smart textiles, as announced Feb. 27 in a Drexel press release.Genevieve Dion, CoMAD’s fashion design program director, headed the agreement [...]
The Drexel University Concert Band had its first-ever performance at the Kimmel Center Feb. 29, playing a wide selection of music by African-American composers representing a time span of almost a centuary. Director Mike Moss selected various pieces by Valerie Coleman, Roger Dickerson, Oliver Nelson, Clarence Cameron White and others for the band to perform. [...]
After winning the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce 2012 Edward Powell Award Feb. 6, the CEO of Urban Outfitters Inc. announced that he will donate $200,000 to the Laurence A. Baiada Center for Entrepreneurship. Mayor Michael Nutter presented Richard Hayne, founder, president and CEO of Urban Outfitters, the award for his work as a Philadelphia [...]
Tired of studying all day for midterms? Take a break and catch the Drexel Dance Ensemble Winter Concert 2012, presented by Drexel’s Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design! This term’s theme is “Snapshots,” reflecting the moments in the lives of choreographers and dancers alike. It revolves around the various emotions we all feel [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...