Mohammed Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood were bad for Egypt. The military’s coup, however, is even worse. Protesters began to enter the streets June 30, the anniversary of Morsi’s inauguration, which marked the general rise of the Muslim Brotherhood within Egyptian politics. Indeed, there was still much to be upset about: few within the previous […]
Tag Archives | Arab Spring
The former deputy prime minister of Jordan referenced last year’s wave of revolutions in the Middle East during a discussion held April 10 at Drexel University and hosted by the Student Alliance of the United Nations Association of the USA. Marwan Muasher, who is also the vice president for studies at the Carnegie Endowment for […]
Justin Roczniak I was really excited for Occupy Wall Street, I really was. Arab Spring seemed so easy. All those people did was stand around in a public square for a few days, and their oppressive and entrenched rulers pulled a Snagglepuss and exited stage left. Surely a few weeks of Occupy would lead […]
Roger McCain The Occupy Wall Street movement that emerged in the summer and fall of last year was a creative new development in American politics. Their novel tactic of nonviolent mass trespassing will probably continue to influence events for years to come. It is becoming clear, however, that the Occupy movement will have to […]
Robert Zaller The Occupy Wall Street movement is now almost four months old. It began with the spontaneous occupation of Zuccotti Park, a private enclave adjacent to New York’s Financial District, and has since mushroomed across the country. Few, if any, major cities have lacked an occupation. Most have camped in public parks or, […]
Roger McCain The “Occupy Wall Street” movement, inspired by the Arab Spring revolutions, has rapidly and creatively established its own organizational style for the protests, relying on town meeting, rough consensus, democratic decision making and nonviolence. Their tactics and objectives have grown more aggressive, especially in Oakland, with a general strike and closure of […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...