Many of us know that this week has been pretty eventful at our nation’s capital — the Supreme Court declared a discriminatory section of the Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional, thereby allowing the federal government to recognize same-sex marriages, and issued a ruling upholding the U.S. District Court’s ruling regarding Proposition 8, thereby re-allowing same-sex […]
Tag Archives | Climate change
A recent headline in The New York Times announced a grim but inevitable marker: The concentration of carbon dioxide in Earth’s atmosphere has now reached 400 parts per million. Climatologists believe this is the highest concentration seen in 3 million years, since before the existence of humans. There is no credible reason to doubt that […]
“There has been a series of extreme weather incidents. That is not a political statement but a factual statement. Anyone who says there’s not a dramatic change in weather patterns, I think, is denying reality, and I would like to say this is probably the last occurrence of this type of event we will have. […]
A new study conducted by Drexel University scientists at the Playa Grande beach in Costa Rica has found that climate change is directly affecting the survival of baby leatherback sea turtles. Based on projections from several models, the hatchling survival rate will decrease 50 percent in the next 100 years. The study concluded that changing […]
The politically elite have the strongest influence on the public’s opinion of climate change, according to a study published Feb. 6 by Robert J. Brulle, a professor of sociology and environmental science at Drexel University. The study paired Brulle with Jason Carmichael of McGill University and J. Craig Jenkins of Ohio State University and was […]
- Students create exhibit for ‘The Nutcracker’s’ 45th anniversary December 5, 2013
- University will switch to quarterly billing December 4, 2013
- Fry announces new research partnership December 3, 2013
- Flyers Freeze Nov. 28: Giroux leads the charge November 28, 2013
- Swimming and diving shows promise at Frank Elm November 28, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...