College sports are a constantly rotating turnstile; out with the old, in with the new. The ability to attract young, talented players on a consistent basis defines any program’s long-term viability. This year’s Drexel men’s basketball team will rely heavily on the old guard — pun intended — to lead the team throughout the season. […]
Tag Archives | competition
Never have expectations been higher for the Drexel men’s soccer team. After eight seniors graduated from a squad that won the regular season Colonial Athletic Association title, the Dragons will defend that title in every one of their seven conference matches this fall. After reaching the NCAA Tournament for the first time in 40 years […]
The regional second annual East Coast Beard and Mustache Competition, hosted by the Philadelphia Beard and Mustache Club, took place March 30 at the Theater of Living Arts on South Street from 8 p.m.to midnight. There were about 150 competitors along with approximately 800 audience members, all of whom were packed in the TLA in […]
The LeBow College of Business is hosting the Classroom ArchiTECH Competition, in which one undergraduate or graduate student and two full-time faculty members will collaborate to compete with other teams for up to $46,000 in prize money. The goal of the program is to reinvent two business courses using the extensive resources that will be […]
Kudo Tsunoda, the creative director of Kinect for the Xbox 360, gave a lecture at Drexel University Nov. 15 following a video game tournament. Tsunoda spoke about his personal experience in the gaming industry, his inspiration for Kinect, “getting a gig” in the industry, and the future of Kinect technology. Tsunoda has developed games for […]
BLT Architects announced Nov. 2 that Dan Brown, a senior architecture major at Drexel University, placed third in their second annual Student Design Sketch Competition. College students in the mid-Atlantic region were challenged to create a conceptual design to develop a public space at the corner of Lehigh Avenue and North Broad Street in Philadelphia, […]
- University will switch to quarterly billing December 4, 2013
- Fry announces new research partnership December 3, 2013
- Flyers Freeze Nov. 28: Giroux leads the charge November 28, 2013
- Swimming and diving shows promise at Frank Elm November 28, 2013
- Women’s bball comes up short at No. 8 Maryland November 28, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...