James Blake flew onto the scene with his incredibly unique sound and style in 2011. His self-titled album was one of the most highly regarded projects of the year, featuring amazing songs such as “The Wilhelm Scream” and “Limit To Your Love.” Now, the 24-year-old from London is back with his sophomore album, “Overgrown,” which [...]
Tag Archives | concert review
A challenge that many bands are facing as of late is how to translate electronic music into an entertaining live display. While an energetic light show certainly does not hurt, I have personally witnessed a great number of electronic acts hampered by their reliance on keyboards, which keep the audience hopelessly in the dark on [...]
The Gaslight Anthem thrashed the stage of the Electric Factory Nov. 27 amid a full house of fans. The five-piece act from New Brunswick, N.J., was supported by Chester County native Matthew Ryan and punk band The Menzingers from Scranton, Pa. A soft, ambient chord, surrounded by gritty, desperate vocals brought the crowd together at [...]
Two Door Cinema Club won itself new fans Sept. 29, after playing an amazing electro pop-filled set at the Electric Factory to a sold out crowd. If you’re not already familiar with the band, which is made up of frontman Alex Trimble, bassist Kevin Baird, guitarist Sam Halliday and temporary touring drummer Benjamin Thompson, the [...]
London’s Fanfarlo played March 8 at Union Transfer in support of their thoroughly enjoyable second album, “Rooms Filled With Light.” It was a fairly large step up in terms of the size of venues that they had played previously (the band described Union Transfer as “the nicest place we have ever played”), but they were [...]
Before this past Sunday night, I had only seen Boyz II Men one time, and it was on July 4, 2011, when they performed in front of over 100,000 people on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia. I never expected the second to be so soon, or in the United Kingdom. The legendary R&B group [...]
Teeny Boppers and emo band groupies came in droves from the Philadelphia suburbs to the Trocadero Theater to see Panic! At the Disco on Nov. 3. The show opened with electrifying rock/soul band Foxy Shazam. Lead singer Eric Nally blasted on stage and proclaimed, “Rock and roll may be dead, but we can still party [...]
Rachael Yamagata returned to World Cafe Live Oct. 31 after her last Free-At-Noon performance Sept. 30. This time around, Yamagata headlined the performance, with friend and album collaborator Mike Viola as her opening act. About a week and a half prior to the show, Yamagata began her U.S. tour for her new album, “Chesapeake,” which [...]
On Oct. 12, J. Cole performed in front of a sold-out crowd at the Electric Factory. Cole said the crowd was one of the hypest he has seen to date on his “Cole World” Tour. J. Cole’s story is very different from that of your other favorite rappers. At 16 years old, J. Cole decided [...]
In the words of Diggy Simmons: “I came to rock, I came to roll, I came to win, you lose control, then everybody in the place goes real wild, they like my style.” That was exactly what the young rapper did when he took the stage – rocked it! Diggy Simmons performed at The [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...
- Bridget Gawinowicz: I think what you're missing is that allies AL...
- L. McGill: Perfectly said by someone who has probably not had...