Drexel professor Sheryl P. Simons was found dead Dec. 2 in her Powelton Village residence by the Drexel Police Department after her students alerted the administration that she missed class. Simons had been an adjunct professor in the Department of English and Philosophy since 2005. She was teaching three sections of English 101 this term. […]
Tag Archives | Department of English and Philosophy
F. Elaine DeLancey, associate professor in Drexel’s Department of English and Philosophy, died July 16 in her home. She taught courses in American and African-American literature and in the past had served as the director of the African-American studies and women’s studies programs. DeLancey was the founding editor of “BMa: The Sonia Sanchez Literary Review” […]
Drexel’s sixth annual Week of Writing event featured numerous English-centric activities occurring at various locations on campus from May 22-29. Also known as WoW, the Week of Writing held 15 separate free events that were open to the public. Highlights of the weeklong event included discussion panels, prolific authors as guest speakers, readings by members […]
- The Burning Question – Bloopers Fall 2013 December 6, 2013
- Students create exhibit for ‘The Nutcracker’s’ 45th anniversary December 5, 2013
- Quarterly billing: a very welcome change December 5, 2013
- University will switch to quarterly billing December 4, 2013
- Fry announces new research partnership December 3, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...