Drexel professor Sheryl P. Simons was found dead Dec. 2 in her Powelton Village residence by the Drexel Police Department after her students alerted the administration that she missed class. Simons had been an adjunct professor in the Department of English and Philosophy since 2005. She was teaching three sections of English 101 this term. [...]
Tag Archives | Department of English and Philosophy
F. Elaine DeLancey, associate professor in Drexel’s Department of English and Philosophy, died July 16 in her home. She taught courses in American and African-American literature and in the past had served as the director of the African-American studies and women’s studies programs. DeLancey was the founding editor of “BMa: The Sonia Sanchez Literary Review” [...]
Drexel’s sixth annual Week of Writing event featured numerous English-centric activities occurring at various locations on campus from May 22-29. Also known as WoW, the Week of Writing held 15 separate free events that were open to the public. Highlights of the weeklong event included discussion panels, prolific authors as guest speakers, readings by members [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...
- Bridget Gawinowicz: I think what you're missing is that allies AL...
- L. McGill: Perfectly said by someone who has probably not had...