Thirty-two senior and graduate students from the fashion design program showed off their own collections June 2 during two runway shows at the annual fashion show, which was put on by the fashion and design & merchandising programs at Drexel University’s Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design. The two shows, which were held at the [...]
Tag Archives | design
Sony Electronics has named Drexel’s Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design as one of the founding members of its new academic program, The Sony Digital Media Academy. The partnership is designed to provide Drexel with Sony’s cutting-edge technology to create a new sustainable architecture studio for students and educators. Architecture students typically use [...]
There is no better way to spend a weekend than sitting in the front row at Philadelphia’s seventh annual Fashion Week. A sense of excitement whirls in the air as hundreds of people gather to see the latest styles, trends and talent that Philadelphia Fashion Week has to offer each year. Unlike Mercedes Benz Fashion [...]
Typographical compositions created by sophomore students in the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts and Design will be displayed at the Library Learning Terrace from Nov. 28 to Dec. 5. The students, all from CoMAD’s Typography I classes, used online templates to create the compositions, according to CoMAD Assistant Professor Shushi Yoshinaga, “It’s all composed [...]
The senior fashion design students will send their beloved senior collections down the runway June 4. The fashion show will take place at the Urban Outfitters Venue in the naval yard. Participants have slaved for months over their senior collection; during this time period, both lack of sleep and immense creativity influenced what these designers [...]
The name Roberto Capucci probably doesn’t ring a bell, even if you are fashionably inclined, but thanks to the retrospective at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, he’s soon to be a household name. Capucci’s work goes beyond dressmaking and will enthrall not only design majors, but also architects, engineers and fashionistas. His clothes are a [...]
Designers from Urban Outfitters visited Drexel May 18, serving as panelists in a discussion that encompassed various design departments ranging from store design to graphic design. The event, hosted by Drexel Art Organization, was open to students and took place in the Stein Auditorium in Nesbitt Hall. Approximately 75 attendees learned how designers with the [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...