Many designers have collaborated with H&M in the past, including Lanvin, Matthew Williamson, Maison Martin Margiela, Versace and Karl Lagerfeld. The latest visionary to partner with the Swedish fast-fashion company is French designer Isabel Marant. Known for her effortlessly chic, bohemian, Parisian-cool style, Marant’s ready-to-wear collections often speak to many women due to her wearable, […]
Tag Archives | designer
In her senior year of high school, Rachel Godwin Becker realized she could take her passion for sewing and turn it into a career. After receiving a Bachelor of Fine Arts in fashion design with a minor in fashion marketing from the International Academy of Design in Tampa, Fla., and working in the bridal industry […]
Looking for a chic way to spice up your look for spring? Try incorporating one of Mona Gilbert’s signature pocket scarves into your wardrobe. The local designer’s scarves are perfect to layer on those breezy spring mornings, and with their unique look, you will be sure to stand out. Gilbert’s start as a designer stems […]
With the conclusion of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Feb. 14 and the recent migration of fashion experts from New York to London Fashion Week, it is safe to say that the Big Apple is slowly gaining back some normalcy. Much like the holidays, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week arrives abruptly, spins New York on its back and disappears […]
Hair and makeup expert turned fashion designer Erin Barr established herself in the beauty industry after graduating from the Aveda Institute in Minneapolis. Barr garnered an address book full of celebrity clients and worked on editorial shoots in New York City as a hair and makeup artist. Although she gained much success, Barr longed to […]
The greater Philadelphia area is characterized by artistic culture and creativity on every street. Whether in University City or all the way down in South Philadelphia, there are countless beautiful stores and boutiques to admire. US*U.S., a boutique located in Old City, is no exception. What makes US*U.S. unique is that everything inside is made […]
Abstract prints might not be what you typically think about wearing when the holidays come around. Many people resort to wearing earthy tones or basic black in the winter. Why stick to the cold-weather palate of drab, dark colors? Former Drexel student turned fashion designer Marina Makaron is fresh off the runway of Mercedes-Benz Fashion […]
The name Roberto Capucci probably doesn’t ring a bell, even if you are fashionably inclined, but thanks to the retrospective at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, he’s soon to be a household name. Capucci’s work goes beyond dressmaking and will enthrall not only design majors, but also architects, engineers and fashionistas. His clothes are a […]
- University will switch to quarterly billing December 4, 2013
- Fry announces new research partnership December 3, 2013
- Flyers Freeze Nov. 28: Giroux leads the charge November 28, 2013
- Swimming and diving shows promise at Frank Elm November 28, 2013
- Women’s bball comes up short at No. 8 Maryland November 28, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...