Major League Baseball suspended Ryan Braun of the Milwaukee Brewers July 22 for the final 65 regular-season games and any potential postseason games of the 2013 season. I’ll give you three guesses as to what he was suspended for. Yes, once again, Braun was tagged by the league for performance-enhancing drug involvement and abuse. For […]
Tag Archives | drugs
Finals week officially begins March 18 on Drexel University’s campus, and the days and weeks leading up to it pit many students against a bevy of papers, exams and group projects. After all, this is the university that asks students to “Live it 24/7,” where a term is just 10 weeks and the next one […]
On Nov. 6, Colorado and Washington became the first states to legalize marijuana across the board for both medical and recreational use without a prescription. It’s not decriminalization; it’s complete legalization. Take a moment to let that sink in. Marijuana in Colorado is to be regulated much like alcohol. People won’t be able to smoke […]
Within just one week, Drexel students have bared witness to two polar opposite events related to America’s war on drugs, and they’ve made us realize that we need to have a conversation about drug use at Drexel. The first event was the high-profile bust of five people, including two students, in the breakup of a […]
The Drexel Recreation Center hosted National Prescription Drug Take Back Day Oct. 29 to give the local community a means of safely disposing of expired, unused or unwanted prescription drugs and to raise awareness about prescription drug abuse. The national event was sponsored by the Drug Enforcement Administration in cooperation with local law enforcement agencies, […]
- Students create exhibit for ‘The Nutcracker’s’ 45th anniversary December 5, 2013
- Quarterly billing: a very welcome change December 5, 2013
- University will switch to quarterly billing December 4, 2013
- Fry announces new research partnership December 3, 2013
- Flyers Freeze Nov. 28: Giroux leads the charge November 28, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...