I’m a firm believer that every music lover should develop a bucket list of shows they absolutely must see before they disappear into the ether. Live music has a way of elevating and refreshing an artist’s source material, uniting people through intimate emotions expressed in song. It’s pretty freaking magical. Unfortunately, my list is largely [...]
Tag Archives | Electric Factory
A challenge that many bands are facing as of late is how to translate electronic music into an entertaining live display. While an energetic light show certainly does not hurt, I have personally witnessed a great number of electronic acts hampered by their reliance on keyboards, which keep the audience hopelessly in the dark on [...]
Alternative rock band Yellowcard took the stage Nov. 16 at the Electric Factory along with We Are the In Crowd and The Wonder Years in promotion of the band’s new album, “Southern Air,” which was released Aug. 14. This is the band’s eighth studio album, which was released after a short five weeks of recording [...]
The Gaslight Anthem thrashed the stage of the Electric Factory Nov. 27 amid a full house of fans. The five-piece act from New Brunswick, N.J., was supported by Chester County native Matthew Ryan and punk band The Menzingers from Scranton, Pa. A soft, ambient chord, surrounded by gritty, desperate vocals brought the crowd together at [...]
Social Distortion performed Nov. 3 to a rollicking Philadelphia crowd. Supported by The Biters and Lindi Ortega, the punk veterans took over the Electric Factory for an indulgent and energetic performance. The concert began at 8:30 p.m. when The Biters took stage. With their shaggy hair and tight pants, the band was a shocking sight; [...]
Everyone had the same reaction to the description of my Matt and Kim experience: “But it’s a Matt and Kim concert!” Indie duo Matt and Kim put on a wild show Oct. 7 at the Electric Factory. Needless to say, this show was not your typical indie show but a combination of indie and electronic [...]
Two Door Cinema Club won itself new fans Sept. 29, after playing an amazing electro pop-filled set at the Electric Factory to a sold out crowd. If you’re not already familiar with the band, which is made up of frontman Alex Trimble, bassist Kevin Baird, guitarist Sam Halliday and temporary touring drummer Benjamin Thompson, the [...]
Have you ever seen or heard something that you just had to explain, but you couldn’t find the words? I have been rendered speechless after seeing “Shpongle presents The Masquerade” March 31 at the Electric Factory. For those of you who are familiar with Shpongle, you know exactly why it is so hard to describe [...]
As a self-proclaimed jam band nerd, I have developed the bad habit of assuming that I know everything there is to know about jam bands and the scene that surrounds them. So it was with full confidence in my jam band intelligence that I went to see moe. (Yes, all lower case, with a period [...]
On Oct. 12, J. Cole performed in front of a sold-out crowd at the Electric Factory. Cole said the crowd was one of the hypest he has seen to date on his “Cole World” Tour. J. Cole’s story is very different from that of your other favorite rappers. At 16 years old, J. Cole decided [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...