To begin with a disclosure, the location of Brick American Eatery in the more residential neighborhood of Rittenhouse Square swayed my opinion of the restaurant more favorably than had it been placed in an area surrounded by skyscrapers. Located at 1708 Lombard St., the restaurant is nestled in a picturesque neighborhood of suburban and urban [...]
Tag Archives | feature
At the end of 2011, before ever releasing a mixtape, A$AP Rocky signed a $3 million record deal with RCA and Polo Grounds Music. Just weeks later, on Halloween, Rocky unleashed his impressive mixtape, “Live.Love.A$AP,” and instantly became one of the next rising stars in hip-hop. After touring off of that mixtape again to hype [...]
Music-loving students came together May 16 in Mandell Theater to jam to indie rock band Motion City Soundtrack for the Antoinette Westphal College of Media Arts & Design’s sixth annual MAD Dragon concert. MAD Dragon Records teamed up with Motion City Soundtrack to produce a seven-inch vinyl series titled “Making Moves,” featuring new songs by [...]
For many of you, when you hear the name Asher Roth, your instant connection is to his hit 2009 single, “I Love College.” While that song was a huge part of his success, it’s just a tiny piece of the puzzle that makes up one of the most impressive young MCs in hip-hop today. Roth’s [...]
On Feb. 13, 2009, Drake’s career took off. On that day, he released his critically acclaimed mixtape, “So Far Gone,” which almost won him a Grammy for the most popular song on that album, “Best I Ever Had.” Last June, he dropped his debut album, “Thank Me Later,” which sold 447,000 copies in its first [...]
Written by Drexel University communication professor Ronald Bishop, “More: The Vanishing of Scale in an Over-the-Top Nation” was published Aug. 15 by Baylor University Press. The main argument behind Bishop’s book is that Americans do not engage in activity simply for the casual joy of it anymore; we have to do things for a greater [...]
As the 20th annual Philadelphia Film Festival came to a close Nov. 3, Philadelphia film lovers were left once again in anxious anticipation for next year’s event. The Film Festival never ceases to keep expectations high and never ceases deliver on those expectations. There were few frills to the festival, short of a relatively modest [...]
Most people associate the term “mental asylum” with nightmarish, Hollywood-fueled images of cruelty and hopelessness. But Christopher Payne’s photographs, on display now through Oct. 29 at the Pearlstein Gallery, tell the true story of those old state hospitals, the crumbling remains of which still dot the quiet corners of the American landscape, standing as monuments [...]
Click the above image to view the full PDF of this week’s feature The last two terms have brought an extraordinary series of changes at Drexel University. With new buildings, new discoveries, and Drexel grads flying higher and riding longer, the last few months have kept all of us busy running to cover the many [...]
Bruschetta is one of the most versatile antipasto. The word bruschetta only refers to the bread itself, which is typically tossed in olive oil, salt, pepper and rubbed with garlic after being toasted. Thousands of combinations come to mind when I think of bruschetta, all of which involve some variation of cheeses, meats, dried fruits, [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...