March 11 concluded the Philadelphia Theatre Company’s PTC@Play Festival at the beautiful Suzanne Roberts Theatre. The two-week festival celebrates the importance of development in theatrical works. The first week of the festival kicked off Feb. 29 with “Philly Reality,” a product of the PTC education department. The monologue show is produced and created by students [...]
Tag Archives | free
Comedy Cabaret “Let’s Pretend We’re Famous” Philadelphia’s most comedic character couple, Jennifer Childs and Tony Braithwaite, return to the stage for a limited-engagement run of their newest comedy cabaret, “Let’s Pretend We’re Famous.” A trip down the red carpet featuring classic and original material, Childs and Braithwaite try on the high life for an evening [...]
PTC@Play Festival Mix and mingle at Philadelphia Theatre Company’s second annual festival, featuring staged readings of new plays and musicals all week long. Each event is free (though reservations are recommended) and begins at 7 p.m. Monday, March 5: The inaugural announcement of The Terrence McNally New Play Award — Michael Hollinger’s “Hope and Gravity,” [...]
Six years ago the hip-hop community lost one of the greatest and most talented producers music has ever seen. James “J Dilla” Yancey passed away Feb. 10, 2006, from a blood disease called TTP. J Dilla was a hip-hop producer from Detroit who worked with the likes of Common, A Tribe Called Quest, De La [...]
Superheroes Who Are Patriotic! Save The Day Productions signature series, Superheroes Who Are Super! delivers word-for-word staged readings of comic books that at once celebrate and parody the soap operatic qualities of classic comics. Each performance runs approximately one hour and features comic books brought to life with the best in low budget costumes and [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...