The northern East Coast of the United States experienced an anomaly a month ago when it was hit by a natural disaster that was uncharacteristic of the region. The hurricane turned out to be a Category 1 disaster, a rating at which many southern folks might have guffawed. However, the difference between southern hurricanes and […]
Tag Archives | Hurricane Sandy
“There has been a series of extreme weather incidents. That is not a political statement but a factual statement. Anyone who says there’s not a dramatic change in weather patterns, I think, is denying reality, and I would like to say this is probably the last occurrence of this type of event we will have. […]
Drexel University officials canceled classes and closed most campus facilities Oct. 29 and 30 in response to what was being called a “once-in-a-lifetime” storm. Hurricane Sandy had most of the East Coast on edge Oct. 27-28 while it made its way toward the Philadelphia area. The Department of Public Safety sent out five campus safety […]
I spent an hour and a half in Trader Joe’s on the Sunday before Hurricane Sandy just to write this article … and to pick up some bagels. Yes, the checkout lines at Trader Joe’s were 15-20 people deep when I got there. When I left, there was a line just to go in and […]
Welcome to the Burning Question, The Triangle’s new online video segment where we ask Drexel students a question that is on everyones’ mind. This week, Janette Danella asks students ”What did you do during Hurricane Sandy?” Got an idea for a burning question? Email us at email@example.com.
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...