Kariamu Welsh and company gave a striking lecture and demonstration Oct. 17 in Drexel’s Mandell Theater on her revolutionary African dance technique, Umfundalai. Welsh, a dance scholar and choreographer, is currently the artistic director of Kariamu & Co.: Traditions, as well as the founding artistic director of the National Dance Company of Zimbabwe in southern […]
Tag Archives | Mandell Theater
Drexel students had the last chance of the season June 1 and 2 to experience the unique flavor of the two companies of the Drexel Dance Program when both FreshDance and the Drexel Dance Ensemble performed at the Mandell Theater. The company dazzled the audience with its spring concert, which included two student-choreographed pieces and […]
“To Fool The Eye,” 1812 Productions’ adaptation of Jean Anouilh’s “Leocadia” by Jeffrey Hatcher, does admittedly feature visuals worthy of the play’s title. A rotating backdrop, clever lighting, quality costume design and a variety of visual gags are all executed very well and contributed a great deal to the production value of the show. However, […]
The Drexel Players opened their presentation of “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” Nov. 9. The musical comedy’s final performances will take place Nov. 16-18 at the Mandell Theater on 33rd and Chestnut streets. “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee” is a humorous musical based on an improvisational play, “C-R-E-P-U-S-C-U-L-E,” by Rebecca Feldman. […]
Everyone must pay for “the privilege to pee!” This is the premise of Mark Hollmann and Greg Kotis’ satirical comedy “Urinetown: The Musical,” which will open May 4 at Drexel’s Mandell Theater. The Drexel Players present Mark Hollmann and Greg Kotis’ Tony Award-winning musical “Urinetown, The Musical.” The show opens May 4 1 in Mandell […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...