Drexel’s Witnesses to Hunger project is making waves nationally; it was a major theme in the Sundance-screened film “Finding North” in January, and an exhibit on the project was featured March 12-15 in Doric Hall at the Massachusetts Statehouse. A School of Public Health initiative, Witnesses to Hunger captures photos of people suffering from food [...]
Tag Archives | Mariana Chilton
“Finding North,” a documentary about hunger in America featuring members of the Witness to Hunger research project at the Drexel University School of Public Health, debuted Jan. 22 at the annual Sundance Film Festival. The film competed against 15 other films in the U.S. Documentary Competition of the festival, which ended Jan. 29. While “Finding North” was [...]
Mariana Chilton, associate professor in the Drexel School of Public Health and a food insecurity and hunger researcher, has advised Sesame Workshop, the creators of “Sesame Street,” on its recent “Food for Thought: Eating Well on a Budget” program. Food insecurity and hunger are major issues in the United States, according to Chilton, who said [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...
- Bridget Gawinowicz: I think what you're missing is that allies AL...
- L. McGill: Perfectly said by someone who has probably not had...