Drexel Athletics named two soccer players as CLEAR Players of the Week for their performance the weekend of Sept. 21. Sophomore midfielder Michele Pataia won the honors for the men’s team, and sophomore defender Melissa Chapman received the honors for the women’s team. Pataia won the award for his effort in a 4-1 win over […]
Tag Archives | Men’s Soccer
The Drexel University men’s soccer team traveled to Charlottesville, Va., for a match against the University of Virginia Sept. 18 at the Cavaliers’ Klockner Stadium. The University of Virginia soccer program is one of the most storied programs in all of college soccer, having won six national championships in its history, most recently in 2009. […]
There is a saying that is sacrosanct with all team sports. It remains true whether one is gracing the elementary schoolyard , the Lucas Oil Stadium Feb. 5 or the hallowed turf of the Vidas Athletics Complex on 42nd and Powelton. This credo states simply that “no one player is bigger than the team.” And […]
San Francisco’s Johan de Avila and Seattle Sounders’ Jeff Parke tangle over the loose ball at midfield Aug. 3. ’11 in CONCACAF action at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, Wa. Seattle won 2-0. When Jurgen Klinsmann took over as head coach of the U.S. men’s soccer program from Bob Bradley in July of last year, he […]
After a vast amount of personal success this past fall season, Ken Tribbett of the Drexel men’s soccer team received Second Team All-Colonial Athletic Association honors in 2011. Tribbett returned this year as a sophomore for the Dragons and contributed to a vast amount of the team’s overall victories. Tribbett, a Colorado native, came from […]
The past week has been a roller coaster ride for the Drexel men’s soccer team. It started with a dramatic double-overtime victory by the Dragons thanks to a winner from sophomore defender Tal Bublil. That goal was Bublil’s first career goal for the Dragons. Early in the Oct. 22 game against Virginia Commonwealth University (9-7, […]
The Drexel men’s soccer team has gotten off to a rough start for the 2011 season. After losing 1-0 to Bucknell Sep. 21, the team has fallen to 0-5-1 and is struggling to score goals. The Dragons have scored one goal this season and have not found their way offensively. “We need to score more […]
The men’s soccer team has kicked off 2011 with a bang — and they haven’t even played their season opener yet. The Dragons took down Fairleigh Dickenson University 3-1 in a scrimmage at Teaneck, N.J., at noon Aug. 21. With goals scored by three different players, second-year head coach Doug Hess is proud of his […]
USA’s Abby Wambach, second from left, heads the ball past France’s goalkeeper Berangere Sapowicz during the Women’s World Cup at Borussia-Park stadium in Monchengladbach, Germany, July 13. USA won 3-1, progressing the team to the July 17 final round. At the National Soccer Coaches Association of America annual convention this year, there were whispers of […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...