President John A. Fry informed students via email Nov. 19 that the University will move from annual billing to quarterly billing starting in fall 2014, in response to student feedback. Fry stated that the new system will increase academic flexibility, simplify the billing process, and reduce the administrative burden on students and their families. Students […]
Tag Archives | money
Putting everyone’s differing opinions about Drexel aside, we can all agree on one thing: It is extremely expensive, and every little dollar counts. Many college students rely heavily on scholarships and work-study funds to get by during the school year, and recent federal budget cuts are certainly not making it any easier to pay for […]
I don’t recall anyone ever taking a poll of the faculty and staff who work in the MacAlister-Creese complex or the students who use it daily about whether they wanted the building to be permanently embalmed behind an academic version of the Twin Towers. I’ve taken my own private one, though, and have yet to […]
Bloomberg.com, which describes itself as “a premier site for business and financial market news,” published a story April 24 with the ominous title “Colleges Confuse Students with Letters Offering Aid That’s Debt.” And as soon as you read the first paragraph, you realize it’s partially about Drexel. Zach Romano, a high school senior, is mentioned […]
Dear Editor, Dragon Dollars, Dining Dollars and meal swipes are all terms that average students at Drexel are familiar with. Rationing meals and dining dollars is the hassle of a freshman student attempting to eat three square meals a day. Between spending Dining Dollars at Northside Dining Terrace on groceries and using them on […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...