To say Miguel’s R&B career got off to a shaky start would be an understatement. After producing a top-10 single with the album’s title track, “All I Want Is You” featuring J. Cole, Miguel’s debut sold just 11,000 copies in its first week. Fortunately for Miguel, his debut has now sold nearly 400,000 copies, and […]
Tag Archives | new album
When you’re one of the biggest bands from the ’90s, the golden age of alternative music, and you’re staging a comeback in 2012, it’s helpful not to look your age. Luckily, No Doubt has lead singer Gwen Stefani, the ageless Marilyn Monroe-esque ska punk rocker who looks just as good today as she did when […]
As an up-and-coming rapper, imagine this nine-month stretch: Release a highly regarded mixtape; get signed to Rick Ross’ label, Maybach Music Group; perform in front of 42,000 people at the first annual Made in America festival; have a music video from your mixtape premiered on “106 & Park”; and go on your first nationwide tour. […]
Six years ago, Lupe Fiasco flew onto the scene with his debut album, “Food & Liquor,” which provided a much-needed new voice in hip-hop at that time. He founded himself on educating and inspiring with his music through incredible wordplay. Lupe released the sequel to that album Sept. 25 with “Food & Liquor II: The […]
To promote an upcoming album, some bands do press junkets, make television appearances and star in Target commercials. But that’s not very rock ’n’ roll compared to say a massive meltdown during an iHeartRadio set in Las Vegas. That’s what Green Day’s Billy Joe Armstrong decided to do when his band’s set was cut short […]
To all you alternative rock and punk rock fans out there: I want you to think back to your middle school and high school days. Music was a big deal. The type of music you listened to helped determine your social standing in school. Well, I’m sure all of you listened to Yellowcard, thus making […]
Rapper 2 Chainz exploded onto the scene when he released his first solo project, “T.R.U. REALigon” last November. The rapper formerly named Tity Boi underwent a name change in 2011 to make himself more radio and family friendly. The change has resurrected the career of the man who represented half of Playaz Circle, famous for […]
Oftentimes when fans anticipate the release of a new album from a well-respected artist, they are worried sick that the album will sound like it went to pop-music boot camp. Does anyone remember Avril Lavigne? Rest easy, Florence and the Machine fans, lead vocalist Florence Welch went to no such camp. Florence and the Machine […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...