Robert Zaller The Occupy Wall Street movement is now almost four months old. It began with the spontaneous occupation of Zuccotti Park, a private enclave adjacent to New York’s Financial District, and has since mushroomed across the country. Few, if any, major cities have lacked an occupation. Most have camped in public parks or, [...]
Tag Archives | Occupy Philly
Nick Cassway’s “The Indulgencies” James Oliver Gallery is pleased to announce “The Indulgencies,” an exhibition of computer-cut vinyl drawings by Nick Cassway. Cassway’s new body of work uses computer-cut vinyl on Plexiglas to display graphically bold portraits of his friends at play. The subjects in The Indulgencies are derived from candid snapshots depicting scenes of revelry, [...]
Roger McCain As I write, the “Occupy Wall Street” movement continues and has spread to cities from Portland, Maine to Santa Barbara to Philadelphia. The demonstrators seem to be mostly young people who see little future for themselves in the “new normal” economy. They have been criticized for having no agenda and no specific [...]
Last week, in an article regarding the job crisis for college graduates, The Triangle reported on the Philadelphia segment of the Occupy Wall Street protests, which were initially composed of 1,000 New Yorkers protesting the encroachment of corporations and lobbyists on government. The movement soon spread worldwide to dozens of protest sites, including City Hall [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...