Bill Moyers once said, “I’ll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one.” Is a corporation a person? That’s not an easy question to answer because the word “person” has more than one meaning. The word “person” can be used in a theological sense, though I doubt anyone means to claim that a corporation is [...]
Tag Archives | Penn State
In the wake of the Jerry Sandusky sex-abuse trial and The Pennsylvania State University’s cover-up, the role of deceased head football coach Joe Paterno in the scandal has been determined. On June 12, the investigative team PSU, which was hired to do an internal investigation of the situation, published their 267-page review called the Freeh [...]
Note: Before you read this piece, know that a baseline understanding of the Pennsylvania State University scandal is necessary, and I advise educating yourself before reading any further. “We are Penn State” are words that echo across Happy Valley. Fans travel far and wide to watch the Nittany Lions fight under the bright lights of [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...