A collaboration between the Pennsylvania Ballet and the Philadelphia History Museum is showing what happens when the ingenuity and creativity of Drexel students and staff collides with one of Philadelphia’s oldest and most beloved holiday traditions. Five Drexel students created a behind-the-scenes exhibit celebrating the 45th anniversary of George Balanchine’s “The Nutcracker.” On display from […]
Tag Archives | Pennsylvania Ballet
The Pennsylvania Ballet, despite its short 50-year history, is currently ranked as one of the best American ballet companies. One of the staple characteristics of this company is its fascination with George Balanchine. This season, a lot of productions the company did were Balanchine adaptations, such as “The Nutcracker” and “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” Not […]
21st annual Philadelphia Film Festival As one of Philadelphia’s most important cultural events, the festival is eagerly anticipated by its enthusiastic and devoted audiences, including students, film lovers and arts supporters. Critically acclaimed by industry professionals, the festival aims to promote domestic and international films that might not otherwise be seen in Philadelphia. The two-week […]
The Pennsylvania Ballet presented “Opus Jazz,” the final program of its 2011-12 season, the weekend of June 1 at the Merriam Theater. The show ran for three evenings and two matinee performances and featured a trio of vastly varied dances, including a world premiere. The Sunday matinee performance began with the “Barber Violin Concerto,” a […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...