The Pennsylvania Ballet, despite its short 50-year history, is currently ranked as one of the best American ballet companies. One of the staple characteristics of this company is its fascination with George Balanchine. This season, a lot of productions the company did were Balanchine adaptations, such as “The Nutcracker” and “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” Not [...]
Tag Archives | Pennsylvania Ballet
21st annual Philadelphia Film Festival As one of Philadelphia’s most important cultural events, the festival is eagerly anticipated by its enthusiastic and devoted audiences, including students, film lovers and arts supporters. Critically acclaimed by industry professionals, the festival aims to promote domestic and international films that might not otherwise be seen in Philadelphia. The two-week [...]
The Pennsylvania Ballet presented “Opus Jazz,” the final program of its 2011-12 season, the weekend of June 1 at the Merriam Theater. The show ran for three evenings and two matinee performances and featured a trio of vastly varied dances, including a world premiere. The Sunday matinee performance began with the “Barber Violin Concerto,” a [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...
- Bridget Gawinowicz: I think what you're missing is that allies AL...
- L. McGill: Perfectly said by someone who has probably not had...