The Drexel University College of Medicine raised $9,775 at the 20th annual Pediatric AIDS Benefit Concert Feb. 16 in the Main Building. Including the Nov. 30 spaghetti dinner, the silent auctions from both events, and special donations, the PABC 2013 Committee raised just over $27,454 for the Pediatric HIV/AIDS Program at St. Christopher’s Children’s Hospital. […]
Tag Archives | philanthropy
Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority hosted Drexel’s ninth annual Deepher Dude fundraiser Feb. 2 in partnership with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The sorority raised over $45,000 in donations, surpassing last year’s earnings by approximately $15,000. All proceeds from the male beauty pageant went to CFF, which helps to fund the development of medications to fight the […]
Thanksgiving dinner was served to over 100 homeless Philadelphians in the Newman Center of St. Agatha-St. James Church and delivered to the Philadelphia Fire Department’s 911 staff by Drexel’s Phi Kappa Psi fraternity chapter ,Nov. 21.. “For the first few years, food was prepared from the apartments of our various brothers. Since that time, Drexel […]
Comedian and actor Bill Cosby performed at Drexel University Oct. 5 in a fundraiser for Drexel’s 11th Street Family Health Services Center. He used the performance to promote the health center and give the audience a new perspective of growing up in poverty. The health center is located in the Richard Allen Homes in North […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...