Soaring out of Drexel’s own music industry program, June Divided is definitely a band to keep your eye on. This rock band was formed when a Drexel professor suggested that Melissa Menago (lead singer, guitarist) and Chris Kissel (guitarist) create an album together for their senior project. Although both Menago and Kissel were songwriters and […]
Tag Archives | Philly Artist of the Week
Senior music industry students Blair Ollendorf and Brandon Bost were randomly paired as roommates in the fall of 2009, and that is when Wild Rompit was born. “We started playing music together and going to some open mics around Philly. We asked [senior film and video student] Sean Huber to play drums and recorded our […]
Born and raised in Columbus, Ohio, Drexel student William C. Lindsay (better known as W.C. Lindsay) is slowly but surely taking the world by storm. Lindsay describes his music as “The Beastie Boys watching ‘The Breakfast Club’ at Warped Tour.” On the outside, his songs are fun and easy to sing along to, but if […]
In 2008, Philly-bred singer-songwriter Jesse Ruben self-released his first album, “Aiming For Honesty,” which included some fan favorites such as “Ace of Spades” and “A Lack of Armor.” This album also includes one of Ruben’s favorite songs, “Advice.” “‘Advice’ was really different for me to write because there is no chorus, and the people that […]
- Puppies bring cuddles to ease stress December 6, 2013
- Pennoni staff writer awarded $50,000 for art critiques December 6, 2013
- Dragons pull out two triple-OT victories December 6, 2013
- Moo Over This | Vitamins for vegetarians December 6, 2013
- W. basketball drops third consecutive game, 65-60 December 6, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...