Village Pizza is under new ownership, and these guys are looking to make a strong impact on the local food scene. The same people who brought Jimmy John’s sandwich shop to University City have purchased the longtime pizza shop located on the 3200 block of Powelton Avenue in order to bring the students of Drexel [...]
Tag Archives | Pizza
Dining options on Drexel’s campus will expand to make room for Zavino, a pizzeria and wine bar that will open in Chestnut Square. Zavino is one of several restaurants that will be located in the new University-affiliated housing and retail space and begin operations this fall. Zavino, currently situated in Midtown Village on 13th and [...]
When it comes to Italian food, you have to be adventurous. All too often I find myself attending group events where the organizers invariably make the decision to order the same dreary thing every single time: a tall stack of plain pizzas and another of, hold on to your seats ladies and gentlemen, pepperoni. Fine, [...]
Up for review this week is another of my Center City favorites. Since moving into the area I have found some great Italian food, and Pietro’s Coal Oven Pizzeria is just one example. On every other block in Center City is another pizza shop or Italian restaurant for me to try, and of the many [...]
Americans love pizza, especially those living in Philadelphia and New Jersey. More than Italians? I don’t know. However, so many of us are not as particular as we should be when it comes to the thousands of unique varieties, styles and ingredients. The possibilities are overwhelming; seemingly endless combinations yield different flavors and tastes to [...]
- OK Go rocks Spring Jam in the rain May 24, 2013
- Service honors Drexel military May 24, 2013
- W. soccer looks to take next step May 24, 2013
- EnviroWeekly | Local pizzeria has vegan options May 24, 2013
- M. soccer finalizes crucial recruiting class May 24, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- mememine69: If you love the planet you will insist that the sc...
- Vincent Gray: Considering how good things looked before the albu...
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...