Watch out, Justin Bieber — there’s a new guy in town, and his name is Jake Miller. Miller is a 20-year-old rap, pop and hip-hop artist from Florida, and he is in the process of taking the world by storm with his first headlining tour and a brand new album, “Us Against Them.” He is […]
Tag Archives | pop
When you’re one of the biggest bands from the ’90s, the golden age of alternative music, and you’re staging a comeback in 2012, it’s helpful not to look your age. Luckily, No Doubt has lead singer Gwen Stefani, the ageless Marilyn Monroe-esque ska punk rocker who looks just as good today as she did when […]
To all you alternative rock and punk rock fans out there: I want you to think back to your middle school and high school days. Music was a big deal. The type of music you listened to helped determine your social standing in school. Well, I’m sure all of you listened to Yellowcard, thus making […]
After a very successful debut with “The Adventures of Bobby Ray,” B.o.B is back with his sophomore effort, “Strange Clouds,” which was released May 1 on Atlantic Records. With this album, the artist also known as Bobby Ray has no chart-topping singles, as opposed to his three hits the first time around en route to […]
Almost a quarter of 2012 has passed by, and so far the year has been generous with new album releases. The end of winter also means an overwhelming amount of spring tours. Here are some bands with new records that will be stopping in Philadelphia in the coming months. Dry the River — “Shallow […]
- University will switch to quarterly billing December 4, 2013
- Fry announces new research partnership December 3, 2013
- Flyers Freeze Nov. 28: Giroux leads the charge November 28, 2013
- Swimming and diving shows promise at Frank Elm November 28, 2013
- Women’s bball comes up short at No. 8 Maryland November 28, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- Matt: I'm a liberal arts student, and no I don'...
- Drexel ENGINEER: So where do you suppose we find time in the alread...
- Marko: Indianapolis had 42,000 fans an st louis had close...
- @that_was_random: this movie was horrid. ...
- Edz: Congratulations both of you! You are a great honor...