Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett invited Drexel University faculty and administrators to join a delegation that traveled to Brazil and Chile April 6-16 to complement the commonwealth’s trade mission. The delegation included Drexel President John A. Fry, Vice President of Government and Community Relations David Wilson, Vice Provost of Global Initiatives Julie Mostov, associate professor of [...]
Tag Archives | President John A. Fry
Our University helps flow $2.4 billion into the Pennsylvania economy, as detailed in President Fry’s report, “Drexel Growth and Solutions: Drexel’s Economic Impact, a 2012 Report.” The assessment, released Nov. 12, explains the impact of Drexel’s spending, capital investment, student and visitor spending, and alumni and community involvement on the economy of our state. The [...]
The following is an email from Drexel President John A. Fry reprinted in The Triangle’s 2012 Welcome Back Week issue: It is with great pleasure that I welcome you back to another academic year here at Drexel. As our students return to campus and our faculty and professional staff prepare for the busy weeks and [...]
After winning the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce 2012 Edward Powell Award Feb. 6, the CEO of Urban Outfitters Inc. announced that he will donate $200,000 to the Laurence A. Baiada Center for Entrepreneurship. Mayor Michael Nutter presented Richard Hayne, founder, president and CEO of Urban Outfitters, the award for his work as a Philadelphia [...]
President John A. Fry led a delegation to Jerusalem to attend a symposium Jan. 29 sponsored by Hebrew University’s Institute for Drug Research and Drexel University to reaffirm the commitment to a partnership between the two universities. The gathering, which was attended by about 40 researchers and faculty members from both universities, was the second [...]
- OK Go rocks Spring Jam in the rain May 24, 2013
- Service honors Drexel military May 24, 2013
- W. soccer looks to take next step May 24, 2013
- EnviroWeekly | Local pizzeria has vegan options May 24, 2013
- M. soccer finalizes crucial recruiting class May 24, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- mememine69: If you love the planet you will insist that the sc...
- Vincent Gray: Considering how good things looked before the albu...
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...