Harriet Fleisher Berger, a retired Drexel political science professor and an avid political supporter, died May 4 at the age of 94 from Parkinson’s disease. Berger began teaching at Drexel in 1967 as an assistant political science professor and became an associate professor in 1971. She earned full tenure in 1972, becoming the first full-time [...]
Tag Archives | professor
A Drexel professor hopes to promote sustainable energy during her two-year term serving on an independent council that reports to the Environmental Protection Agency, which she was appointed to March 7. Patricia Gallagher, an associate professor of civil, architectural and environmental engineering, will represent academic researchers studying sustainability while on the National Advisory Council for [...]
Drexel University students and faculty were shocked and saddened to hear of the death of Nagesh Idupulapati, an assistant research professor in the College of Engineering, when his body was found March 20 in the Schuylkill River. Idupulapati, 29, joined the University’s faculty only a month ago but showed a promising future in the field [...]
The Drexel University community mourns the death of chemistry professor Alan R. Bandy, who died in his home Dec. 24 from complications associated with liver cancer. According to a statement released by the Office of the Provost, Bandy was “respected and admired not only by his friends and colleagues at Drexel, but by the national [...]
Obesity and lack of exercise may have become an ever-growing issue in the United States, but Drexel professor James Herbert has made a unique change in his workday routine as he strives to become healthier. Herbert, a professor of psychology and associate dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, has taken multitasking to a [...]
Rosalie Coppola, assistant clinical professor for the physician assistant program within Drexel University’s College of Nursing and Health Professions, has been chosen by her students and peers as the winner of the 2011 Educator of the Year Award from the Pennsylvania Society of Physician Assistants. This award normally goes to “ a PA that is [...]
- Crew team victorious at Dad Vail Regatta May 17, 2013
- Jewish Center will be first of its kind May 17, 2013
- Fry updates faculty on strategic plan May 17, 2013
- Drexel students co-op in Italy with Parma Panthers May 17, 2013
- Classic Steinbeck comes to life in Drexel Players’ ‘Grapes of Wrath’ May 17, 2013
- How to save the USPS February 1, 2013
- University responds to tuition dispute January 13, 2012
- QE3 on horizon for US economy August 17, 2012
- Law school delays plans for new building April 29, 2011
- Occupy Wall Street dying down April 6, 2012
- shy: very nicely written article - Stanley B ...
- Jenny Burton: The black box theater is a very intimate space. ...
- thechristianlawstudent: Excellent post. I also find it hard to have a &quo...
- Lawyer In Atlanta: Chelsea played very well last year UEFA Championsh...
- perth electrical: Thanks for helpful suggestion. My PS3 is one of my...